- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings are held Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays (closed), 8 p.m., at Heritage House on Washington Street, across from public library; and another AA group which meets Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at Serenity House, located at 1260 Hwy. 98 West, across from the BP station at 8 p.m.
- AL-ANON: St. James Episcopal Church (in library), Wednesdays, 12 to 1 p.m.; 584-2146. Thursdays at 6:30 for beginners meeting with regular meeting at 7 p.m.
- Big Bend Hospice Advisory Council: 4th Tues., noon, 107 East Green Street. Healthy Start Coalition: fourth Mon., 9 a.m., Taylor County School District Administrative Office Complex.
- Narcotics Anonymous: every Wednesday, 8 p.m., at 1260 W. Hwy. 98, at Serenity House (dirt road across from BP Station). These are open meetings to those interested in addiction. Call 223-0036. Also, Saturdays, 10:30 a.m., open meeting.
- SHARE distribution: 4th Sat., 10 a.m.
- The Way: Christ-centered recovery group, meets on Fridays at 7 p.m. at Serenity House on Hwy. 98 W., across from BP Station. Open to alcoholics, addicts, family members and friends.